Don Guillett

You could do this with a dummy duplicate and hidden colunmn to the right and
this worksheet change event.
Right click sheet tabview codeinsert thismodify to suitSAVE

Private Sub Worksheet_change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Row < 2 Or Target.Column < 3 Then Exit Sub
If Target < Target.Offset(, 1) Then Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 4

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"PJ" wrote in message
I have a column of data in an excel spreadsheet that uses the "workday"
function to create a cell value that shows a date. when you manually input

date in one of the cells, all of the cells below auto adjust to the new

dates
based on the "workday" formula. what I want to do is when a date is

manually
input into one of the cells that has the workday formula in it, I want the
cell to change color if the new date is before or after the date that was
originally in this cell with the formula. when I try to input the

conditional
format, I am getting an error message that I cannot refer to other

worksheets
or workbooks, but all of the information is only on 1 worksheet and the
formula in the conditional format refers to that same worksheet.
please help as my Brain has frozen.
thanks.
Phil.