Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Balan Balan is offline

Default formula to throw out high number and low number

I think Deb wants to project the values for the remaining 12 months. The
statistical "Median" should take care of his needs better. than substracting
the min and max values and then multiplying the balance with 3:

=Median(a1:a6)*12

But the result will not be the same as substracting the min and max values
and then multiplying the balance with 3.

"Stan Brown" wrote:

Sat, 15 Sep 2007 10:48:01 -0700 from Deb
:
I have 6 months of actuals and I need to throw out the month and the low
month then take the remain 4 months times 3 to come up with a years total

Assuming they're in A1:A6,

=3*(sum(A1:A6)-min(A1:A6)-max(A1:A6))

http://OakRoadSystems.com/