Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default how to use functions.

There is no function that can change the cell with the data in it. I assume
that the numbers in Column A are different to the numbers in Column B
otherwise you could just copy and paste Column C over Column A.
You could - on a copy of the sheet just in case - highlight Column A and
select Edit Replace, enter one of your numbers in "Find what:" and the
corresponding country in "Replace with:"

Otherwise you will need a helper column - say Column D - and enter the
formula:

=CHOOSE(A1,"America","Brazil","China","India","Pak istan","Burma","Scotlans","Englans","Ireland","Wal es")

Then copy Column D and Paste Special over the top of Column A

Post back if you want something different.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"sompura" wrote in message
I have 3 columns in Col. A numbers between 1 to 10 in nearly 400 raws, in
Col.B Same numbers i.e. 1 to 10 which represents code of country shown in
Col.C and in Col.C names of Country like America, Brazil, China, India,
Pakistan, Barma etc. I want to replace Col. A's numbers with Country's
name
which will be appropriate function for replacement of numbers.

I will be thankful for your valuable suggession.