Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Balan Balan is offline

Default How do I create a total sheet

Tia,

I am sorry, I forgot to mention one more thing. Whenever you add new data (
using the insert row in the respective sheet) , you can update the pivot
table by taking the cursor to one of the cells of the pivot table and
clicking on the Refresh button ( ! mark) seen on the pivot table toolbar
which automatically appear when ever you open the sheet with the pivot table.
This will ensure that the summary of the new payroll period is added to the
table.

Balan

"Tia" wrote:

I've got a workbook that contains a payroll worksheet for each employee (9).
I would like to have one sheet that takes information from each sheet and
then provides a total. For example, I want the total amount paid out for a
payroll period for all the employees listed on my total sheet.

Each Sheet looks like this:
Payroll Commission Auto Allowance
08/31/07 1500.00 0.00 0.00
09/15/07 1500.00 200.00 600.00

I want a sheet that combines the information for all employees and provides
totals to look like this so I can have totals for each pay period:

Payroll Commission Auto Allowance
08/31/07 20000.00 0.00 0.00
09/15/07 20000.00 1000.00 10000.00

I know how to do it if the equation always referred to the same cell,
however, every pay period will add a new line of information and I will need
the current payperiod information.

Thanks for any suggestions!!