Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pamber pamber is offline

Default combine vlookup and copy function

Is is possible to combine a copy and vlookup function? I've created a
worksheet for others where information can be selected by drop down lists.
Whatever they select will then call up addtional information via a vlookup.
But, in case the information they are looking for is not already in the list,
they need to be able to type it in - so I cannot protect those cells and do
not want to lose the formula for future use.

If I could put the formula somewhere else and include a 'copy to' command,
it would solve the problem.

Can this be done?