Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FurmanGG FurmanGG is offline

Default always recheck data connection library for latest connection strin

I am starting a PivotTable that uses a connection found in my data connection
library in MOSS. It downloads that connection string and stores it in the
xlsx file (as I see when I unzip the xlsx). If I modify the connection string
in the data connection library, it appears Excel doesn't recheck that data
connection library and get the latest connection string the next time I open
that workbook. This is a problem as I thought the data connection library
would allow us to abstract the physical server names from the end user.

Is there a way to set it up so that Excel automatically rechecks the data
connection library and gets the latest connection string?