Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default NEED HELP..CONVERT NUMBERS BACK TO TEXT

As soon as you convert to number the 16th digit will be truncated to zero
and unless
you keep a copy of the text number you cannot convert it back unless you
haven't saved the workbook and can close out from it without saving or if
you have emailed it to someone before you converted it, of course in those
cases it will still be the original and there won't be any need to convert
it back

Peo Sjoblom

"Sonja" wrote in message
So once you convert to numbers you can not convert back to retreive the
original number?

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

XL stores only 15 decimal digits of precision. If your numbers were
longer than that, the remaining digits are lost.

In article ,
Sonja wrote:

I have a problem that hopefully can be solved. I have a spreadsheet
that has
been changed from text to numbers. I am aware that the last number
will
change to "0" however, once you convert the text to numbers is there a
way to
convert back to get the original number. When I convert the column
back to
text it still comes up as a "0".