Ron Rosenfeld

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:46:03 +0500, "Murtaza" <NoEmail@NoEmail wrote:

I need to accumulate data from several countries with different date-format
than US. Like some send us the .txt files with following data:

-------File1.txt-----------------------------
Actual Data: 1/1/2004 Account Open
Translation: 1/Jan/2004

Actual Data: 8/12/2004 Account Closed
Translation: 8/Dec/2004

-------File2.txt-----------------------------
Actual Data: 1/1/2004 Account Open
Translation: 1/Jan/2004

Actual Data: 8/12/2004 Account Closed
Translation: 12/Aug/2004
* as per their regional date settings

Actual Data: 8/13/2004 Account Closed
Translation: 13/Aug/2004
* as per their regional date settings

Now If I import / copied the data of both files into Excel, MS Excel using
my date regional settings tanslate both dates in d/m/yyyy so i get only one
date i.e. 8/Sept/2004.

Even manually its hard to guess that which date-format is used in File2, but
after looking at series of dates one can found what date format has been
used.

If you are importing/opening *.txt files, the convert Text To Columns wizard
should open up. In that wizard, you have the opportunity to specify the MDY
configuration of your data.

--ron