Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Ranking by multiple Criteria

Try this:

=RANK(A1,A$1:A$4)+SUMPRODUCT(--(A1=A$1:A$4),--(B1<B$1:B$4))

Copy down

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Zaphod117" wrote in message
I would like to rank a group based on two Criteria, and i can't figure it
out. I've got a list of 10 teams and I want to rank them based first on
winning % then by total points earned. Here is an exaple of the dataset:

A B

So in this example, 1 would be first, then 4, then 3, then 2.

I know that I can sort them and get the return manually, but I really
don't
want to have to manually sort the list every day. Any bright ideas?