Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pdberger pdberger is offline

Default Ranking by multiple Criteria

Zaphod --

Select the whole table, then click DataSort. In your example, sort first
for column A (descending) then column B (descending). It would be easier if
you organized it like this:

A B C
1 Team Percent Runs
2 A 75% 256
etc.

Then, when you do the sort, you'll see the actual column names by which to
sort.

HTH

"Zaphod117" wrote:

I would like to rank a group based on two Criteria, and i can't figure it
out. I've got a list of 10 teams and I want to rank them based first on
winning % then by total points earned. Here is an exaple of the dataset:

A B

So in this example, 1 would be first, then 4, then 3, then 2.

I know that I can sort them and get the return manually, but I really don't
want to have to manually sort the list every day. Any bright ideas?