Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
soke2001 soke2001 is offline

Default Excel - Wildcards

All, everyday at work I pull a spreadsheet with over 1000 orders that
are worked by me and 2 other ppl. I have a column on the spreadsheet
that lists the order numbers (7 numerical characters). The three ppl
in my department divide the orders based on the last 2 digits of the
orders; 1st person = 00-33, 2nd person 34-66... etc. My questions is:

What is the easiest way to automate filtering only my orders and
copying them into a new file? I tried the Auto-Filter mode and tried
using wildcards (* and ?) to replaced the first 5 numerical characters
of the order, but nothing happened. Please assist. I'm using Excel
2003.

Thanks!

Javier Cortes