Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Caroline Caroline is offline

Default IF and

I actually tried that one, SUMIFS, and all my arguments were correct
according to the window that opens up when you hit the fx button, but it
returned 0.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

If you use XL-2007, you can use SUMIFS function.

"Caroline" wrote:

I want to sum amounts from one column if 2 other columns meet the criteria I
defined.
Here is what I have: =IF(AND(A:A="x",B:B=""),SUM(C:C))
Even though I have a lot of rows that match both criteria (have an "x" in
column A and nothing in column B), the formula returns "false".
Any ideas? Thanks!