Teddy Reddy

Dave,

Your way is better, and, as you say, "safer".
Thank you for the useful reference. I have some studying to do!

-Teddy

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about when the user actually makes an entry in a cell in that row???

That seems a little safer to me.

And if you like that idea, you can steal some code from J.E. McGimpsey:

Teddy Reddy wrote:

Hello. I would like to create a simple Excel (2002) worksheet that
automatically inserts the time of day into the first cell in each row
whenever, and only when, the cursor is moved to a new row. The application
for this is an ongoing log of activity that may stretch out over several
hours or all day long. It would save the typing effort and any possible
errors in typing in order to have each line start with the time of the event
being logged. Thank you for any replies.

--

Dave Peterson