Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Meenie Meenie is offline

Default Need help with "blank" in formula

Oh and Sorry David, I do see what you mean about the Pair of quote marks.. I
only put 2 instead of 4!! :)
Thank you for spotting that!

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Read Peo's post again. You need a *pair* of quote marks "" to surround your
blank text string. One " will not do.

If you've already got your formula saying =('[9-07 Chart Audit Compliance
CC.xls]CVT'!$C$19) you can add the extra bits around it, and copy and paste
the bits you need twice, or (as you say) you can just click in the cell to
get the reference into your formula.
--
David Biddulph

"Meenie" wrote in message
So are you saying my formula should be =IF('[9-07 Chart Audit Compliance
CC.xls]CVT'!$C$19=",",='[9-07 Chart Audit Compliance CC.xls]CVT'!$C$19)?
Wow, how do you put all that in? Do you type =IF( then click the cell
you're copying from, then type the ",", then click the cell you're copying
from again?? yikes. that isn't right is it... gads.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=IF(A2="","",A2)

replace A2 with your data

Peo Sjoblom

"Meenie" wrote in message
I'm doing a formula that takes info from a worksheet in one workbook
and
copies it to another worksheet in another workbook.
My formula looks like this: =('[9-07 Chart Audit Compliance
CC.xls]CVT'!$C$19) and it works fine except for one thing. If the cell
I'm
taking the info from is empty, it puts 0.00% in the worksheet I'm
copying
to.
Each cell is added and an average is taken and the 0.00% changes the
average!
What can I add to the formula to make the cell blank if the cell I'm
copying
is blank?
Boy I hope this makes sense :)

The workbook goes for a month at a time but we want to see the averages
each
week and the 0%'s make that number incorrect until you get to the end
of
the
month and all the cells are filled.

ALSO is there a way to make the formulas fill in correctly instead of
having
to enter each one one at a time? (I click in the cell, type =( then go
the
cell I'm copying and click it, hit enter, and the formula for THAT cell
goes
in.
If I drag it, it doesn't change like it does in a regular workbook
where
the
info is in the same worksheet... (I know, that's two questions for the
price
of one :D )

thanks, Meenie