Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Meenie Meenie is offline

Default Need help with "blank" in formula

Oh I have one more comment on the forumla... The cells in the sheet that I/m
copying from are blank but on the sheet I'm copying to show up as 0.00%. Both
are formated as percentage with 2 decimal places. Why don't they show up as a
blank as they do on the cell they come from? hmmm

"Meenie" wrote:

Hi,
I'm doing a formula that takes info from a worksheet in one workbook and
copies it to another worksheet in another workbook.
My formula looks like this: =('[9-07 Chart Audit Compliance
CC.xls]CVT'!$C$19) and it works fine except for one thing. If the cell I'm
taking the info from is empty, it puts 0.00% in the worksheet I'm copying to.
Each cell is added and an average is taken and the 0.00% changes the average!
What can I add to the formula to make the cell blank if the cell I'm copying
is blank?
Boy I hope this makes sense :)

The workbook goes for a month at a time but we want to see the averages each
week and the 0%'s make that number incorrect until you get to the end of the
month and all the cells are filled.

ALSO is there a way to make the formulas fill in correctly instead of having
to enter each one one at a time? (I click in the cell, type =( then go to the
cell I'm copying and click it, hit enter, and the formula for THAT cell goes
in.
If I drag it, it doesn't change like it does in a regular workbook where the
info is in the same worksheet... (I know, that's two questions for the price
of one :D )

thanks, Meenie