Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joel joel is offline

Default Req help on Formula or vb in excel to calculate between reference

Her is two functions I wrote. They will return the formula as a text string
and display the formula in another cell.

Put formula in cell A1 =B1

Then in C1 and D1 put in my formulas

=DisplayFormR1C1(A1)
=DisplayForm(A1)

Function DisplayFormR1C1(Target As Range)

DisplayFormR1C1 = "" & Target.FormulaR1C1

End Function
Function DisplayForm(Target As Range)

DisplayForm = "" & Target.Formula

End Function

"temp" wrote:

Req help on Formula or vb in excel to calculate between reference style and formula style tia sal2

Greets All,

I'm looking for a formula of VB script in excel to calculate between reference style and formula style tia sal2

Example If A1:Q18 is typed in I would like R1C1:R18C17 to show up or vise a versa in another cell...can this be done?

Also can I add rows and coumns togather.
Example can I do this R1C1 + R2C3 = R3C4 or A1 + B2 = C3

Tia
sal2