Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
creativeops creativeops is offline

Default multiple choice data validation

hi gurus -
i want to have a data validation where you can select multiple items from a
drop-down list, where the multiple choices compile in the one cell.

from someone previously asking the same thing, I went to Debra Dalgleish's
great site & found a sample worksheet about just that, per Max's suggestion:
"Try Debra's sample file at:
Under Data Validation, look for:
DV0017 - Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List"

I pasted the code from that tab into the code view of my own tab. I only
had to tweak Debra's coding a little bit to get it to work for my purposes,
including adding multiple target columns, which I needed. I had this working
just fine, but then when I sent the xls to a co-worker who is the one needing
to use it, it didn't work. So I sent it to another co-worker with whom I
would try to troubleshoot it, and strangely it then worked for the 2nd
co-worker, but not for me.

So I retraced my steps and would try to troubleshoot my own xls. But when I
went back and downloaded Debra's sample file again, now HERS doesn't even
work for me! What could I be doing wrong? I have macros enabled (in fact
security set to low so i don't have to). Are there any other settings that
would make this not work? I haven't changed anything that I know of since
the file was working for me (my own) just a few days ago. Very strange...

Thanks!!