Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
No Name

Default How do I paste a set of folder NAMES into a set of cells?

This returns a listing of subfolders and their subfolders, etc, from a root
directory.

Sub ListSubFolders()
Dim f As New Collection
Call GetSubfolders("C:\MyRoot", f)
Dim i As Integer
For i = 1 To f.Count
Range("A50000").End(xlup).Offset(1).Value = f(i)
Next
End Sub

Function GetSubfolders(ByVal sFolderRoot As String, ByRef cSubfoldersFound
As Collection)
Dim oFso As FileSystemObject
Set oFso = New FileSystemObject
Dim oSubfolder As Folder
Dim sFoldername As String
Dim nextrow As Long
For Each oSubfolder In oFso.GetFolder(sFolderRoot).SubFolders
sFoldername = oSubfolder.Path
cSubfoldersFound.Add sFoldername, sFoldername
Call GetSubfolders(oSubfolder, cSubfoldersFound)
Next
End Function

"Jedi Leba" wrote in message
I have a set of folders that I will be using Excel to describe the contents
of them. I'd like to be able to paste the folder names into the
spreadsheet
rather than re-type all of them. I'm pretty sure there's a way to do it,
but
can't figure it out. Please help!