Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day Kelly O'Day is offline

Default How to mark key dates on chart?

Huck:

This link shows how to add comments to a trend chart.

http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_t...ith_events.htm

Kelly O'Day

"Huck Rorick" wrote in message
Hi David,

I tried your suggestions but had a few problems. I am using Excel 2002.

The "Format" menu didn't have anything on Data points/ Data labels/ X
value.

If I right click on the chart and select "chart options" there is a "Data
Labels" tab. However, checking "X Value" puts the X value at every data
point. I only want to highlight a particular spot on the chart.

Is there any way to add a text note to a chart?

I'm not sure I understood your second suggestion

Add a couple of extra series Xmin and Xmax, Y values for both 120,
similarly
Xmin Xmax, Y values for both 140. Add these series to your chart

I probably should have mentioned that this is a scatter chart. If I add
another series it will put in a series of points, which wouldn't look too
good. Did you mean to add a series of data points? If it were a line
chart then that would probably get pretty close to what I want, but on the
scatter chart I can't see that it would work.

Any clarification or other idea?

Thanks,

Huck

"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote in message
"Huck Rorick" wrote in message
I have a chart that shows change in blood pressure over time. I would
like to mark on the graph certain key dates (x values), for example where
diet changes. Can I do that with excel charts?

Format/ Data points/ Data labels/ X value

Also, I would like to highlight a band of y values (e.g. blood pressure
between 120-140). Can I do that?

--
David Biddulph