Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default X Axis?

An XY (Scatter) chart needs numeric data in x-values
Change it to a Line chart by right clicking and opening Chart Type dialog
A Line chart does no have to have a line - it can have just markers
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"tt_Gyrl" wrote in message
Hi Bernard-
It's a scattered chart. I'm trying to duplicate a chart in a magazine
using
the same data. Everything looks good but I need to change the X Axis
labels
to read the countries. Help? Thanks.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Line or Column chart?
Can't be an XY since that need numbers for the x-axis.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"tt_Gyrl" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a graph where my X Axis list various contries. For
some
reason my X axis is reading as numbers instead of countries. The source
data
is pulling from the correct cells where I listed the countries. Can
someone
tell me how I can fix it?? Thanks.