Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Sigmoid Curve

This will tell you what a sigmoid curve is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmoid_function

If you already have the data and you plot Sales against dates then you may
or may not get a sigmoid curve. Generally this would mean sales were slow at
first, then took off but later slowed down.

If you want to just make up data so that when plotted it looks sigmoidal,
please send message to my private email address.

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Claire C" wrote in message

Apologies if my question appears basic or I don't include relevant info!

I've been asked to plot a sigmoid curve to plot the sales cycle of a
product. I don't know if a sigmoid curve is alway a certain shape (like
the
product life cycle ) or if it depends on the data I enter? Either way, how
would I go about plotting one in Excel 2003?

I then need to plot several points along this curve - is this also doable?

Thanks in advance,
Claire