Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with Dates

If your data values are really numbers formatted as dates, then your formula
should work.
Perhaps some of them are text rather than numbers? Check with =ISNUMBER(I2)
and =ISTEXT(I2) (and correspondingly for J2). Otherwise you can check by
changing the format temporarily to something like dd-mmm-yyyy; if they
don't change, they're presumably text.
--
David Biddulph

"relo rob" wrote in message
I have two columns starting at I2 and J2. I need a formula that will tell
me
what dates in I2 come before or expire before those in J2. Right now I
have
the columns formatted as Number, Date, 03/14/2001. I have tried =(I2<J2)
but
that is not working and I guess it's because I am comparing dates and not
#'s.

Help!