Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Help with Dates

No reason why it should not work.
BTW: parens not needed, use =I2<J2
Experiment by typing two dates in some blank cells (maybe in a new workbook)
If you still cannot get it to work come back, were want to help!
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"relo rob" wrote in message
I have two columns starting at I2 and J2. I need a formula that will tell
me
what dates in I2 come before or expire before those in J2. Right now I
have
the columns formatted as Number, Date, 03/14/2001. I have tried =(I2<J2)
but
that is not working and I guess it's because I am comparing dates and not
#'s.

Help!