Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Display "this week" column headers w/date & day of week?

The OP said he wanted the dates as column headers (twice),
and then referred to A1 and A2 as examples - I presume he
wants them to go across rather than down.

For the record, the single formula for column headers would be....

=TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY())+COLUMNS($A:A)

copied across.

Rick

"Pete_UK" wrote in message
ps.com...
The OP said he wanted the dates as column headers (twice), and then
referred to A1 and A2 as examples - I presume he wants them to go
across rather than down.

Although there are advantages to having just one formula, I think
having =A1+1 six times is easier.

Pete

On Sep 12, 9:10 am, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
wrote:
Put this formula in A1:

=TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY())+1

and apply a custom format to the cell of "mm/dd/yyy - dddd" (without
the quotes). Then in B1 enter the formula:

=A1+1

Or, put this formula...

=TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY())+ROWS($1:1)

in A1 and just copy it down.