Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Richard Richard is offline

Default Link to Workbook(s) received by email

I am trying to save some time and possibility of error, by linking cells in
an inhouse workbook, to cells in a number of workbooks received by email.
The workbooks receivd by email have the same name each day. I want to
eliminate the need to save these files, as this is unnecessary. The issue is
that the emails and template could be used by different users, who obviously
have different user id's and their temp internet folders also have different
names/file paths.

Is there any way of specifiying in the formula that I want to link to the
active/open workbook and not the version in the temp internet file, as this
often gives incorrect results, or am I barking up the wrong tree.

Thanks in advance
Richard