Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John Moore John Moore is offline

Default If and VLOOKUP Query

Hi guys, I am trying to use an IF statement with a VLOOKUP function to return
data based on one of two criteris ,, e.g. column A is where I want to place
the formula, column B is the first criteria, column C is the 2nd criteria
,,,, what I want to see in column A is the result from doing a VLOOKUP on
column B ( using a matrix ) and if the return data is "Unknown" then VLOOKUP
column C and return the result form the same matrix ,,,, i.e.
If(VLOOKUP(B1,Matrix,2,0)="Unknown",Vlookup(C1,mat rix,2,0) ...... anyone know
of an easy solution?
A B C
nuts Bolts