Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default How to format number and not return ######

That "change the formatting to something that fits in the cell" might be as
simple as selecting Format Cells, clicking the Alignment tab and placing a
checkmark in the "Shrink to fit" check box under the "Text control" section.

Rick

"JMB" wrote in message
Merge that cell with an adjacent one. Only other thing I can think of is
change the formatting to something that fits in the cell.

" wrote:

I have formatted a number as 0.00" C/Mtres" and it returns the result
of #### because the column is too narrow.
If I don't want to make the column wider or reduce the size of the
font how do I fix this?