Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
JohnB JohnB is offline

Default Change source data in a pivot chart

Hi Jon

Thanx for the reply. Like many user requests this job started out as single
pivot chart with a pivot table supplied with data from an excel query which
in turn extracted data from a Access db. But its now expanded over the years
to 30+ PC's and PT's and the associated queries are a pain to maintain. So
I've decided to use an ADO connection straight into the Access db to grab the
data and create the Pivot tables using VBA in a standard module, its works
great. I now need change the Source Data for each chart to point at the new
PT's and I can't do it! So I'd be grateful if you can cast some light on
this problem.

Kind regards
johnb

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Did you try moving the pivot table to see what would happen? I just did a
quick test with a pivot table and standalone chart. I cut the pivot table
and copied it to a different sheet, and the pivot chart knew where the pivot
table ended up.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"johnb" wrote in message
Hi All

I have a stack of pivot tables each with a pivot chart. I now need to move
the location ot the Pivot tables which is the source data to the charts.
But
in Chart=Source data.. is dimmed out and i can't find a way of changing
the
pivot chart's pivot table location.

Any suggestions??

TIA