Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default warning when sorting

To the best of my knowledge nope. That reminder is going to pop up whether
you want it or not...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"P D Sterling" wrote:

I know your Excellencies will all have a heart attack, but I use a lot
of Excel for small databases. Nothing entered is a calculable number,
they are all codes. When I sort, say, ZIP CODE - the operative word her
being CODE, it says, Hey there, do you know that some of the numbers in
this column are formatted as text? and I set here and tell the computer,
Well, duh!!

I have all the auto-correct and auto-fill features turned off - is there
a way to get rid of this unhelpful reminder?

P D Sterling
Dallas TX