dha17

Default How to create a calculated field formula based on Pivot Table resu

Hi,

I have a simple Pivot Table consisting of:

Row Section (column A): Name
Column Section (column B, C and D): Courses (X, Y, Z)
Data Section: Is the MIN test scores for the course.

For Example:
John 8 5 7

I am trying to add a Calculated Field to the Pivot table to SUM all of the
test scores shown in the Pivot Table results. The problem is that the
calculated field SUMs ALL of the test scores in my data, not just the ones
shown in the Pivot Table (which is the MIN for each course).

What I Want (the SUM of the test scores shown in the Table):
John 8 5 7 20

What I Get (the SUM of all test scores in the database):
John 8 5 7 55

I have tried the following formulas in my Calculated Field and both yield
the undesired result:

=SUM(X,Y,Z)
=SUM(MIN(X), MIN(Y), MIN(Z))

Denny