Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dbpeters dbpeters is offline

Default Cell Protection

I have a Workbook where the cell protection is on, yet I can enter values
into the locked cells. The evidence that the worksheet is protected is in
the menu item that says "Unprotect Sheet."
I have checked the cells to make sure that they are still marked as
"locked" in the format/cell menu selection.
When I select Unprotect Cell, it prompts me for the password. If I type
the password, the sheet is still unlocked. If I then select "Protect Sheet,"
I can now lock the sheet.
This is the first time I have encountered a situation where a sheet was
unlocked when it indicated that it is locked
FYI. The Workbook is unlocked. I am using Excel 2000.
Thanks in advance for any enlightenment on the issue.

--
dbp