Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default display 0 instead of #DIV/0!

OTOH by keeping the operator Biff and I will know if there is a text in the
cells which might throw off the result otherwise :)

Peo

"Max" wrote in message
Your's gave a value of "true", need 0. The others worked.

Aha, but that shouldn't be. Mine should have worked just as well, if not
better <g. I've just quite exhaustively tested all 3* suggestions here
against a plethora of possible inputs in the precedents (I took your
posted
spec that M5 wouldn't be negative). All 3 evaluated to give the same
answers,
except for the instance below.
*actually only 2, since Biff's and Peo's are identical

My suggestion to use SUM actually gives you a slight "edge" in that should
there inadvertently be any text input creeping into either B5,C5,E5 or F5,
SUM will ignore it and the formula will still evaluate a meaningful
result,
instead of throwing a #VALUE! out due to the (B5+C5+E5+F5) part.

Anyway, pl tell me what are your values in B5,C5,E5,F5,M5 which gives the
return of TRUE instead of 0 ? I couldn't replicate it here.
--
Max
Singapore