Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Shading between two lines

Hi,

This can be done with area charts.
One way, add 2 series based on Min and Max values. Change chart type to
Area.
Change series order so the Min appears in front of Max. Format Min to be
same colour as plotarea.

You can also use stacked area charts where the fill pattern of the lower
area is set to none. But you will need to adjust the Maximum values to be
Max-Min.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I have a line graph over time that jumps up and down (data 1). I also
have another horizontal line that is the maximum of Data 1 and another
horizontal line that is the minimum of Data 1. Does anyone know how to
shade the area between the minimum and the maximum lines? I've tried a
few things with Area Graphs but nothing seems to work.

Thanks for all your help in advance.