Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
hmm hmm is offline

Default Random Numbers

=OFFSET(B:B,,,A1)

where A1 contains the number of entries and column B is the list of entries.

If the complete formula will return multiple values (like the one above), it
is an array formula and you will need to enter it in multiple cells and hit
Ctrl + Enter after typing it. Good luck.

"bollard" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where, in one column there is a number. The next column
holds a list of random numbers. I want the sheet to look at the number in the
first column and then select that number of entries from the random number
column to use.

e.g. if the number in the first colum is 5, it will select the first 5
random numbers from the next column.

Can anyone help, please?

Keith