Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Can all '07 ofc software revert to 2000 so I can work wo cryin

Hi Crystal

It does become easier with time.
In the interim, there is also an excellent free download form Shah Shailesh,
which provides the "comfort" of the old menu system till you become familiar
with the ribbon.

http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Crystal" wrote in message
Thanks! Elsewhere somebody wrote something to the effect of "oh just take
20
minutes to learn the new system" and it's not that simple. I HAD
everything
arranged for the way I need to use it. This new "ribbon" thing has forced
me
back to using all the control keys that my fingers remember because I
can't
find the commands graphically. Perhaps in 6 months I can schedule some
time
to learn the "ribbon." More likely, I'll wait 2 or 3 more years to
consider
upgrading from Win '98 and 2000 to XP.

I'm absolutely letting our IT department know that upgrading to Vista and
2007 Office is a VERY BAD idea. Others in our company, especially the
older
ones, are SIGNIFICANTLY more averse to change than I am and are likely to
stop using the computer entirely.

~ Crystal

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

There are third party programs that display the "classic" menus:

Patrick Schmid's ribbon customizer:
http://pschmid.net/index.php

(or directly)
http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbon...r/download.php

From the documentation page:
http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbon...etourpart3.php

Dick Kusleika reviewed a couple:
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...into-the-past/

Crystal wrote:

I HATE the new 2007 editions of MS Office Excel and Word. I can't find
any
of the commands I used to know by heart. Every time I try to use the
new
computer I want to cry or throw it out the window. This is totally an
unfamiliar problem for me because
1) I grew up with a mouse in my hand,
2) I have a minor in Computer Science, and
3) my friends call me "Data" because I'm typically so UNemotional.

WHY ON EARTH did microsofties decide to go and change EVERYTHING?????

Is there a way to make 2007 editions look and work like previous
editions?
While I await the instructions, I'm going back to my 2000 NT machine.
If
there are no instructions, this computer is getting returned ASAP.

Thanks.

Crystal

--

Dave Peterson