Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BobR BobR is offline

Default Calculating time from a specific paycheck period

Hello
I have excel 2003 installed and am looking for a solution to this problem

I have pay periods of Weekly BiWeekly Bi Monthly and Monthly in cell
A2 and they are selected by a list by data validation with a pull down.

I have in A10 a date that the payroll first begins for this person
A11 and on down are being listed as the next payday.

My question is:
A11 and down I want to have a formula that will say ifA2=biweekly, a10+14,
ifA2=weekly,A10+7 but I don't know how to make the formula in the if
statemnt if A2 = bi monthly or monthly and have it come out exactly in the
middle of the month or a t the beginning of the month.

If bimonthly then should select 15 or thereabouts if monthly jan, feb,
march on the first.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
BOB