Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ilia ilia is offline

Default array formula

It's curious how this doesn't work:

=PEARSON(A1:A5,INDIRECT("A"&ROW(2:101)&":A"&ROW(6: 105)))

It gets stuck at the INDIRECT call, not the pearson part.

On Sep 10, 8:46 am, hmm wrote:
I don't hink it's possible. All arrays in an array formula must contain the
same number of rows or columns, while your formula would have to contain
contain both 5-element arrays (a1:a5, a2:a6, etc.) and a 100-element array
(a1:a100).

"Mika" wrote:
HI,

Iīd like to "compact" the following column in a single cell value
using array formulas, if that is possible.

The columa A is filled with results of a certain function, and column
B has the Pearson correlation of that column in this way.

b1: =pearson(a1:a5,a2:a6)
b2: = pearson(a1:a5,a3:a7)
..
..
b100=pearson(a1:a5,a101:a105)

Then, what I really need is the max of those b cells, so
c1=max(b1:b100). The question is, can I avoid the creation of column
b, with something like :
c1={max(pearson(a1.....))}, if it is possible I canīt find the right
sintax...

(also posted in microsoft.public.excel,not sure what is the right
place)

Thanks in advance for your time
Mika- Hide quoted text -