Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ValEng ValEng is offline

Default conditional formatting help needed

I would recommend that you go to the original formula and delete the $. The
"$" will lock the value so that you can't drag the formula. If you would
like to freeze a column or row, then you leave the"$" in that box.

"learning quickly" wrote:

I want to copy the conditional format that I created to additional lines. I
have followed the instructions to select the cells that have the format. Then
click on format painter, select the cells I want to add that condition to but
it is not copying the format. I'm tracking data on a monthly basis and want
to highest number to highlight on each row. My formula is: if ($e3$:$aq3$)=a3
then high light it red...