Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default In a column, how can I capitalize ALL text?

Drag down means to select the fill handle of B1 with left click and drag.

The formulas will copy and increment as you drag/copy down column B.

Easier method would be to double-click on the fill handle of B1 to copy down to
end of data in column A.

The fill handle is the little black cross that appears when you hover the cursor
over the black square at bottom right of the cell.........B1 in this case.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 04:12:01 -0700, singmusik04
wrote:

I thank you for your response very much.....however, I am not sure exactly
what you mean by "drag down"....the first cell is the only one that is
capitalize....how do i get the hundreds of others to captalize too? THANK
YOU VERY MUCH!!

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Say you want to capitalise Column A. Put this in B1 and drag down:-

=Upper(A1)

Mike

"singmusik04" wrote:

I am highlighting a column. I assume there must be a way to capitalize ALL
text in the column without actually doing it manually.....Please reply like I
am a 5 year old and tell EXACTLY where to go from the beginning to the
end....I am very new at this and have been at it for hours...again please be
very basic with me....I THANK YOU!