Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
lilleke lilleke is offline

Default highlight group of rows

sorry, I am not good at creating macros - i need step by step please.
I copied/pasted the Private Sub into new macro in personal.xls and when I
went to run it, it was not found.

Please type it so I can copy/paste into excel2000
I did alt+F11
insert Module
then what?

Yes, all I want to do is select the next 2500 rows in direct mail database
so I can copy to new worksheet and process as a mailing.
--
claudia

"Don Guillett" wrote:

or
mr = Target.Row
Range(Cells(mr, 1), Cells(mr + 2499, Columns.Count)).Select

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Ian" wrote in message
If all you want to do is select 2500 rows buy clicking on a cell, then the
following will do.

Range("A" & ActiveCell.Row, "A" & ActiveCell.Row + 2499).EntireRow.Select
End Sub

This will select the current row and the following 2499 (2500 in total).

It's not a lot of use as it stands and clicking elsewhere in the sheet
will automatically change the selection. It's not clear from your post
exactly what you need to do, except to subject lots of unfortunates to
junk mail :-)

--
Ian
--
"lilleke" wrote in message
work with Excel 2000 - direct mail databases - I would like to be able to
start on any row I choose and have a macro to choose the very next 2500
rows.
Is this possible?
--
claudia