Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

Default Sort Order?

not really, it sorts all selected by the third selection, then by the second
then by the first. In other words just the way you did it originally

"Ken" wrote:

Excel2003 ... Data Sort ... Sort, Then by, Then by ... Just a general
curiosity question.

Col A contains PNs
Col B contains Ops
Col C contains Equip

To have Equip (Ascend), inside of Ops (Ascend), inside of PNs (Ascend) I
must Sort Equip, Ops, PN all Ascend & in this order if performing single Col
Sorts of all data.

If however, I am using the multiple sort ... Sort, Then by, Then by ... Does
Excel perform the Sort in the same order as above ... or ... does it sort
PNs, hold them in place ... then sort Ops within PNs, hold PNs & Ops in place
... then sort Equip inside of PN/Ops?

Just curious ... so I am turning to those of you that are intimate with
Excel ...

My ongoing "Thanks" for your continued guidance ... Kha