Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default I need to know only the last 4 numbers, but these change weekl

Really? I got 76. Btw, it's not a try, I know it works

Peo Sjoblom

"dartanion" wrote in message
Just tried it out, and used the following series 89, 90, 90, 76, 76, 76,
76
expecting the answer to be 76 but got 81.1. But many thanks for the try.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=IF(COUNT(B1:B28),AVERAGE(B28:INDEX(B1:B28,INDEX(L ARGE((B1:B28<"")*(ISNUMBER(B1:B28))*ROW(B1:B28),4 ),0))),0)

Peo Sjoblom

"Mike H" wrote in message
Ron,

Simpler than mine but can it be modified to give the correct result if
there
is a non-numeric value in the range? My understanding is that this
formula
takes the last 4 values in a range (not necessarily the last 4 numeric
values) and averages them if they are numeric.

Mike

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try something like this

This regular formula returns the average of up to the last 4 numbers
in
the
range B1:B28.
(If there are no numbers, it returns zero):
=IF(COUNT(B1:B28),AVERAGE(B28:INDEX(B1:B28,INDEX(L ARGE((B1:B28<"")*ROW(B1:B28),4),0))),0)

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

(XL2003, Win XP)

"dartanion" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet which gives me the following information, if
there
is
no
data insert 0 - This is ok and works. The next bit asks if there are
less
than 5 entries, what is the average, again this formula works ok.
The next bit completely baffles me. All I want is to start at the
bottom
of
my column, and work back up, identifying the first 4 cells with data
in
them,
add them together and give me the average.
eg column b has ten empty rows, then the number 600, then 3 empty
rows
followed by cells with 400, 700, a couple of blanks then 900 then
six
empty
rows followed by 500, a blank and then 650. So the formula would
find
650,
500,900,700, returning for me at the top of the sheet the figure
687.5 -
help
anyone