Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default why does line not autofit to amount of text?

Hi Catherine,

Assuming that all the cells have Wrap Text applied. For example suppose
that the row of cells the text is in is row 1, then put your cursor between
the row numbers 1 and 2 and when you see a black line with a vertical two
headed arrow double-click it. This will best fit the row.

Important Point: If any of the cells that have Wrap Text also have Merge &
Center on then Excel will not best fit the row. In other words - Excel
ignores merged cells when performing best fit.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Catherine" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with some text cells that have been formatted to word
wrap. I also set all cells to autofit the height based on the amount of
text. One line autofits, but the lines below it do not. Any ideas about how
I can get all the lines to be the correct heigh based on the number of "word
wrap" lines there are? Thanks