Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
iliace iliace is offline

Default Most efficient method in Excel? Mouse or Keyboard keys?

On Sep 8, 7:48 pm, grins wrote:
Could you tell me which method is considered the most efficient in Excel?
Obviously a combination of all are used but which is preferred? Mouse,
Keyboard or Toolbar?

I use keyboard quite a bit. I find the mouse useful in these
situations:
* selecting a ribbon command that doesn't have an associated key
sequence, such as Get External Data (with Excel 2007)
* opening a menu item that I don't commonly use and therefore don't
remember its key sequence (with Excel 2003 and earlier)
* highlighting a specific range that can't be accomplished in End
Mode, or non-continuous ranges, or pivot-selecting
* editing in the middle of a long formula
* selecting options in dialog boxes (usually)

For all other applications, I find the keyboard much faster.