Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlnsparks dlnsparks is offline

Default Search Gradebook for missing assignment

Thanx...but this idea isn't going to work. What I'm doing is creating a
"Gradebook" for grades 6, 7 & 8 for 12 different teachers with little Excel
experience. To ask them to complete this task would be like asking them to
climb Mt. Rushmore! I'm attempting to create a completely separate "Missing
Work Report" for each of them to simply "run" that will "magically" pull each
child with a missing/incomplete assignment out & place it on its own report.

Any other ideas?

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

An additional thought. If all the pupil's names are in the same table then
filter on the name before you filter by H or I

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
One way:

Assumng that you have headers in the table of hw/quiz/tests:
Highlight all the data
Select Data Filter AutoFilter
Click on the arrowhead of the Column with H & I in it and select Custom
In the "Show row whe" leave Equals in the left-hand box and enter H in
the right one
Select Or
Put Equals in the bottom left-hand box via the arrowhead and I in the
right one.
Click OK and print off the filtered list

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"dlnsparks" wrote in message
I have created a grade book in Excel and am entering the points for each
hw/quiz/test, but am also entering an "M" for a missing assignment or an
"I"
for incomplete assignments. I would like to create a "Missing Work
Report"
at the end of each week for the child to take home to be signed by the
parent. How do I look for the "M" & the "I" only for each child & put
only
these rows into my new Excel report?