swatsp0p

Wendi: First, unprotect the entire sheet by clicking in the square located
above the row numbers and to the left of the column letters. This will
select the entire spreadsheet. Now, on the main menu, click FormatCells and
select the Security tab. Uncheck the "Locked" box and click OK. Now, select
the cells you want to Lock and repeat the FormatCells and check the "Locked"
Box.

Finally, on the menu click ToolsProtection and select Protect Sheet. All
boxes in the "Allow all users...." section should be Unchecked EXCEPT Select
unlocked cells. Enter a password if desired and click OK.

Now, users cannot change formatting, col/row size, etc. anywhere on the
sheet, and can only change data in the unlocked cells.

HTH

"WendiW" wrote:

Hi all....I'm having one of those days where nothing is going right. I am
trying to lock a certain group of cells so that they cannot be formated, but
the other cells around them can be. I also want to be able to lock those
cells so that the row height and column width don't change. I tried using
Microsoft Office, and it isn't explaining it very well. Can someone help,
please??? Detailed directions, if possible.