Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
grins grins is offline

Default Most efficient method in Excel? Mouse or Keyboard keys?

Thank you. I agree it does depend on the tasks. The question arises from my
work as a project accountant. My supervisor, myself and many I work with are
very mouse-oriented. Our in-house expert is telling us that is sub-par in
the efficiency. We do work in many worksheets but each and every one is
different. Also it brings up the ergonomic question. It certainly isn't
meant to be controversial, only to verify our work methods. I appreciate
your response. :)

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

It depends on what (and how much) you need to accomplish.

This is my opinion:
The mouse is easier for exploring menu structures to find the commands I'm
interested in, but slow and inaccurate for speed work. Once I know where
they are....if I have to repeat the same command many times (or even a
few)...I'll generally use the keyboard shortcuts or navigate with the
keyboard using the underlined menu characters.

Does that help?

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

(XL2003, Win XP)

"grins" wrote in message
Could you tell me which method is considered the most efficient in Excel?
Obviously a combination of all are used but which is preferred? Mouse,
Keyboard or Toolbar?