Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kassie kassie is offline

Default Computer crashes when Office program disc is inserted.

Sounds as if you have a problem when trying to open a file from Explorer, but
not when opening same from within Excel? If true, open Excel, click on
Tools, Options, and deselect the option "Ignore other programs" on the
General tab.
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

"Ron Weaver" wrote:

My OS is Windows XP Home, and I am using Office XP Standard 2002. I am having
a problem with Excel. The problem began this morning. It takes 2 minutes to
open a file, and then it's a blank Excel screen. The only thing that has
changed is that McAfee did a virus scan this morning. I did a system restore,
but it didn't help. I tried to do a repair, but when I inserted the program
disc, my system crashed, rebooted, and opened with a "Serious Error" message.
This is wierd. Over the years I have done repairs, installed, and uninstalled
this program. For your info: I can open Excel, then open the file from there,
and it works perfectly. Any suggestions??
Thanks
Ron