Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Formula

Not enough information to more than guess at what you might be doing wrong.
How are you going into SUM? Are you clicking on the sum icon? If not, try
using it.

Your reply suggests that you are summing non adjacent cells. Is this
correct? If so, after selecting the first cell or adjacent cells in a range
to sum, are you holding the Ctrl key while you select the remaining cells?

If the above does not help then when you get your error, highlight the
formula in the formula bar and copy and paste it into a reply here. Also what
is in the cells to be summed?

Regards,

OssieMac

"texansgal" wrote:

I am trying ot put in a formula. I have a two columns with Revenue listed.
One is the Estimate, one is the actual. If there is not an amount in the
Actual amount column, I added the cell that was in the Estimate cell.

I color coded the cell because I am breakingit out by Sales Person. I have 3
Sales People. I went in and did the SUM and went into each cell that is
colored coded to each person. I am getting an error.

Please help.

Thanks,
Vanessa