Bill Manville

Reggie Laffond wrote:
I have a workbook with 2 sheets.
Each sheet has cells linked to data in 2 other separate workbooks.
I do not want the links to update automatically.
When I go to "EDIT" - "LINKS" the "Manual" radio button is grayed out.

Formula links to other workbooks are always "automatic".

You can have the option on opening the file to decide whether or not to
update links (assuming the other workbooks are not open in the same
instance of Excel, in which case the links will always be updated).

If you are not seeing that dialog on opening then you may have selected
not to (in Edit / Links / Startup Prompt) or you may have unchecked
Tools / Options / Edit / Ask to update automatic links.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England